(I stay with a big group of friends every year, in a lovely farmhouse with a pond in back and sheep and goats all over the place. It rocks.)
- WEBS makes a fabulous appetizer for a weekend of fiber-related insanity.
- I will enjoy anything the wonderful CIA students make me to eat, even if I don’t ordinarily like it.
- No matter how many different booths you visit, merino-cashmere-silk blends are expensive.
- Having six glasses of wine and a couple of pickles for dinner ends predictably.
- Weaving is hella fun.
- Re-entry is extremely tough.
- There is not a single thing in this world better than a weekend away with my girlfriends.
I hope you all had a good weekend, too!
There are still spots available in my classes at Le Mouton Rouge on November 3 and 4. If you’re in the Chicago area, please consider joining us! I likely won’t be back again for a year or more.
It’s been a year since Elinor, Kirsten, and I released The Charles Collection, and we’ve decided it’s time to release the patterns individually. So please look for Beacon Hill, New Towne, and the Tremont Street Tam for sale individually here this Friday!
Finally, I have some final details on Alight, the sweater shown in my last post. I’m working with The Plucky Knitter to offer this luscious red cardigan exclusively as a kit for a few weeks. Kits go on sale tomorrow, Thursday October 25, at a time to be determined. The pattern will be available for individual sale after the kits ship, but Sarah’s yarn is such a perfect match for this design that I highly recommend going the kit route.