Spillin’ the beans

Officially, I’m not really going to talk to you about the book until we’re closer to release… …and I have the work we’re doing behind the scenes on the website finished… …and I’ve got all of the exciting giveaways finalized and scheduled (!)… …and yadda yadda yadda.

But then the first review of the book got posted this weekend. And suddenly I can’t keep my mouth shut anymore!

KnitToFlatter90174J12_4

The book, of course, is called Knit to Flatter. It’s with STC Craft / Melanie Falick, and it was just a wonderful, wonderful experience to work with the great team there. Without giving too much fun away (we have 6 more weeks to do sneak peeks and tidbits, after all) I need to say that they really got it. They got what I was trying to do. There were no tricks played with clips, no set dressing or staging, no smoke and mirrors of any kind.

…Which was also the very best part of reading Pam’s review, for me. It’s lovely to have my first review be a positive one–I’m more nervous than I’d like to admit about releasing the book into the cold, harsh world–but it’s even more lovely to know that after reading the book, Pam got it, too.

If you have made a sweater that looked great in a photo or on the blocking table but not so great on you, then you need a book like “Knit to Flatter” to help you choose a different sweater shape, one that will enhance your body, not fight with it.

This is pretty much the single best sentence I could possibly imagine. Yes! Yes. That’s the point, right there. Enhance and work with your body, don’t fight it. Because it’s perfect, and you’re beautiful, just the way you are. It’s all about making sure your clothing lets the gorgeous you shine through.

Comments

1. says

I can’t wait to get my very own copy! I am itching to make a sweater for my new body shape and I know your book will have all the guidance I need!

2. Lisa says

Congratulations!! This is most exciting news! Can’t wait for my pre-ordered book to be delivered. :)

3. Sloknitr says

Pre-ordered the moment I left your classroom at Canandaigua. Can’t wait to get my hands on it!

4. Kate/Massachusetts says

Awesome! I just preordered and can’t wait for it to be released! Congratulations! Do you think you might do a dvd that allows one to just plug in numbers and print out a pattern similar to Sweater Wizard? That would be the ultimate! lol

5. May says

Congratulations! Your book will definitely find a place on my bookshelf. My last project, a vest, highlighted all the wrong places ;(. Do any of the projects in your book use sport weight yarn ?

6. says

Congrats! I took your class a while back at Fibre Space in VA, and I always wish I had taken more notes. Now I can have you right here with me while I attempt a better-fitting sweater. Can’t wait to get a copy!

7. Meredith MC says

The last sentence of this post makes me think that if I was lucky enough to know you, I would adore you. Thank you for the work you do to make women confident in their sweaters- and their skin. XO.

8. Dana says

This looks like a truely terrific book, so interesting that I just had to pre-order it already. I cannot wait to read it… I already learned so much from your approach to knitting. Thank you!

9. Kathryn says

Congrats! I’m really excited to see the Fit to Flatter series as a book. I can’t wait to see it.

10. Joanne says

As a rule, I’m not buying any more craft books but there are always exceptions to rules. Besides, this is a NEED, not just a Want.

It looks fabulous, by the way- well done!!

11. belle says

There are beautyfull patterns,I have found a bookstore in the netherlands and pre-order too.I saw dat you named euro by patterns and craftsy,frustated that is only for paypall and creditscards,why not european IDeal? Miss so much :-(
    But your book will be great:-)

12. says

So happy for you, Amy! I saw the class on Craftsy, but have not gotten to it yet, saved it to my wish list.
    But… I preordered your book on Amazon! I cannot wait to actually see it!
    Thank you for your work!