This fall has been such a whirlwind, I feel like I haven’t really had time to pull up a chair and chat! Or even respond to the comments and questions that are coming in.
Case in point: The lovely yarn shown here:
What will they be? Who knows! I’ll be sure to share the process of my own CustomFit sweaters as they happen. I’ve just cast off my first, and can’t wait to seam it together.
But that will have to wait, because one of the things I haven’t told you about is that come February, you’ll be able to see me on your local PBS affiliate! I’m thrilled to join the cast of Knit and Crochet Now as one of their knitting experts. We’re filming this week, and it’s been a phenomenal experience so far. I’ll be sure to keep you posted!
I’m also going to be all over the place this fall.
Teaching classes and talking to knitters are some of my very favorite things in this world. There’s nothing like being there when someone puts on a garment that actually fits them, sometimes for the first time in their life. I’d love to meet you and talk sweaters if I’m going to be in your neighborhood! Here’s my schedule through November:
- This Saturday, October 12, I’ll be at A Gathering of Stitches teaching a 4-hour Knit to Flatter class. I want to say that it’s not necessary to have knit a sweater before, though knowing basic knitting skills (knit, purl, increase, decrease) is definitely helpful.
- Friday Oct 18 – Sunday Oct 20 I’ll be at The New York Sheep and Wool festival. I’ll write a bigger post on Rhinebeck later, as near and dear as it is to my heart. But in short, I’ll be signing books, giving a quick talk, and there will be lots of fun CustomFit happenings.
- On Thursday October 24, I’ll be at Cary Memorial Library in Lexington, giving a talk and signing books.
- On Saturday, October 26, I have a full-day Knit to Flatter class scheduled at Hooked Knitting; as of right now it may be canceled due to low enrollment, so if you’re interested, definitely call!
- On Monday, October 28, I’ll be at Iron Horse in Natick, teaching an evening Knit to Flatter class.
- On November 3, I’ll be at Saco River Yarns for a 4-hour Knit to Flatter class. Can’t wait to be in this beautiful space!
- I’ll be at the Knitters Review Retreat the weekend of November 7. It’s now full, but I am so excited to be joining this very special group again.
- The weekend of November 23, I’ll be in Texas! WC Mercantile is hosting me for a super-fun weekend of classes. It’s my first time to Texas, and I’m super-psyched.
And that’s enough for one post, don’t you think? I hope to see you in class!
Finally, I’m excited to be a teacher at Vogue Knitting Live this January. Please, join me for a class or three!
- On Friday, I’m teaching an all-day Custom Sweater Design class. We’ll talk about how to make garments you love to wear, and along the way we’ll be creating a custom (bottom up, in the round or flat) pattern for your own ideal sweater.
- On Saturday, I’m teaching an all-day Knit to Flatter class. I never tire of these incredibly special days. Come along and learn how to knit sweaters you love to wear.
- On Sunday, I’m teaching two 2-hour classes: One on Mindful Modifications (i.e., how to know what modifications you need, and then how to work them. And one on Fantastic Finishing (i.e., the simple things that can so often get between us and sweater nirvana).
All classes are suitable for all skill levels (though of course it’s helpful to have basic knitting technique down), and I can’t wait to see you all in NYC.
Whew! Let’s hope there aren’t too many more posts like this, eh? The weather here near Detroit (where we’re filming) is crisp, beautiful sweater weather. I hope your needles are happy and that you’re enjoying the weather too, wherever you are.