Thoughts are swirling around inside my head this weekend, and I’m excited to share them with you. But they’re being stubborn, and difficult to capture on the page. So this Fashion Friday, how about a sweater instead?
Buy your own full, standalone Morning Coffee pattern for $7.00 by clicking here: buy now
Morning Coffee is a satisfying alternative to complicated sweater knitting. Instead of spending a lot of time figuring out charts, or unusual constructions, or multiple gauges, just… …knit. And come up with a wardrobe-staple of a sweater that you wear as faithfully as you drink that morning brew. It’s simple, it’s uncomplicated, and it’s the kind of sweater everyone needs.
Unpretentious moss stitch trims the edges of this ¾-sleeve, single-button cardigan. A cute and unexpected touch of moss stitch also adorns the back waist. Morning Coffee is knit in pieces from the bottom up and then seamed; the cardigan edges are worked inline with the front of the sweater. The neck trim stitches are continued past the shoulder bind-offs on the front, and then sewn to the back neckline.
A Verb for Keeping Warm’s Pioneer (click through on that link, it’s important stuff!) is the perfect choice for Morning Coffee-its tweedy texture provides a lovely depth to the fabric, its construction keeps the cardigan lightweight yet warm, and the soft merino is comfortable when worn against the skin. The fact that it’s 100% California Wool and supports local farmers and US mills means that your own Morning Coffee will be a garment that is truly worthy of you.
Morning Coffee may be purchased in one of two ways from my ravelry pattern store:
- As a standard pattern for $7.00 (with CustomFit recipe included in addition to standalone pattern instructions). This is a pattern very much like any of my others; it includes complete instructions for all 12 sizes, plus modification advice and a detailed schematic. To purchase the standalone pattern for $7.00, click here: buy now
- You may also purchase a CustomFit recipe (without standard pattern instructions) for $2.50. The CustomFit recipe provides full instructions on how to use CustomFit to make a Morning Coffee that will fit you perfectly from hem to neck and everywhere in between, including:
- Which construction options to choose to get Morning Coffee in the fit and shape as shown above
- Instructions for adjustments and additions to the “blank slate” CustomFit pattern to achieve the look shown
- Finishing directions, including “all in one” neck edging instructions
To purchase the CustomFit Recipe ONLY for $2.50, click here: buy now. Please note that the CustomFit recipe ONLY version also requires the purchase of a CustomFit pattern, for $9.99, to get a complete set of instructions.
Which should you choose? It depends on whether you’re typically comfortable knitting (and modifying) a pattern as written, or whether you’d really like to get instructions that fit you well with no modification required.
(And for those of you who haven’t decided what they’re going to be knitting in the CustomFit KAL, I think this would be a fantastic choice for your first use of CustomFit.)