I’ve heard it often from former students:
It’s one of the most wonderful things about taking a sweater class through a local yarn store. And if you’re near one of our wonderful CustomFit stores, I strongly encourage you to take such a class.
But CustomFit LYS isn’t everywhere. And although teaching is one of my favorite things in the world, I can’t be everywhere either.
This fall, I’m addressing those challenges by trying something new:
Starting next week, I’ll be running a live, online class that will help you make a phenomenal sweater with CustomFit – give you the skills you’ll need to make fantastic future garments, as well.
Through six one-hour group class sessions plus two individual one-on-one sessions, I’ll guide you through your sweater knitting process from measurements to swatching to finishing and beyond. This isn’t a webinar, or a pre-recorded set of lectures. It’s a live, interactive class with me, online. Having multiple live sessions will give us the time and flexibility to help you through your actual sweater knitting in real time. I’ll help you make great choices, answer the questions you have along the way, and see you through to the end.
Each class session will have both a specific topic and time for your questions and discussion. We’ll cover the following topics in addition to your questions:
- CustomFit itself – what the site can do, what it can’t, and how to use it to get a sweater you love
- Body measurements and Fit to Flatter principles – learn how to best fit and flatter your own beautiful bod
- Sweater fabric – matching materials to design, what constitutes a good sweater fabric, and (optionally) how to match fiber to stitch pattern choices
- Finishing – how to properly finish your sweater pieces for professional results
- Advanced CustomFit design topics – how to use the custom sweater wizard to design the sweater of your dreams
- One-on-one instruction – You’ll have two 15-minute personal sessions with Amy as part of your course fee.
There will be two sessions of this class: A Monday evening class that meets weekly at 8pm EST, and a Sunday class that meets roughly bi-weekly, at 12pm EST. The class sessions will be run as group video-teleconferences; the one-on-one sessions will also be run as video calls. Class dates for the Monday session are: 9/29, 10/6, 10/13, 10/20, 10/27, 11/3. Sunday session: 10/5, 10/12, 11/2, 11/16, 11/30, 12/7.
The cost for the entire class, which includes the class sessions, one-on-one instruction, and a CustomFit pattern, is $125.
Are you ready for a fantastic fall sweater? I’m really excited about this chance to work with students in a more intimate and ongoing way than my marathon teaching weekends allow. I hope you’ll join me!