I can’t wait to meet you!
I love teaching, and I love speaking. My popular classes have held up to 45 students, and my lectures well into the hundreds. I make personal connections with my students, and our class time together is dynamic, informative, and (very importantly!) fun. I hope you’ll join me some time!
I teach both live online classes, and have a course with Craftsy.
- The “make, wear, love online sweater class” is a special online offering focused on helping you make a truly phenomenal sweater for yourself. Through six one-hour live class sessions plus individual one-on-one instruction, I guide you through your sweater knitting process from measurements to swatching to finishing and beyond. More than a simple webinar, this class lets you take a live, interactive class with me, online. The cost for the MWL online sweater class is $125.
- The spring session class meets on Monday nights (though not every Monday night!) at 8:00 pm EST. The class session dates are 01/19, 02/02, 02/23, 03/09, 03/23, and 04/06. Click here for more information. The class is closed now, but there will be another in the summer. We’ll announce it on the blog when registration opens.
- I also run individual live seminars on topics from Finishing to basic and advanced CustomFit use:
- The Finishing Seminar curriculum is tailored to each group’s needs, but always includes picking up stitches, button bands and button holes, and mattress stitching of all kinds.
- The Advanced CustomFit Seminar curriculum is tailored to each group’s needs, but always includes custom sweater options, “popping the hood”, stitch patterning, and “mashing up” CustomFit with pre-existing designs.
- My popular “Knit to Flatter” course on Craftsy. (You can sign up here for a 50% discount!) Craftsy classes are not live, but they offer a great way to take the Knit to Flatter course on your own schedule, at your own pace. They also allow you to watch the class over and over again. Learn a little more about the class from this short video.
Of all the things I love about my job (and there are many many things I love about my job), our annual retreats have to be right up at the top of the list.
- For more information on the make. wear. love. retreat: west coast edition, please click here!
- For more information on the fall 2015 make. wear. love. retreat, stay tuned!
Here’s where I’ll be in 2015:
- January 10 – 12: We’ll be exhibiting at TNNA Phoenix
- January 16-18: I’ll be teaching, lecturing, and panel-ing at Vogue Knitting live NYC
- February 12 – 15: I’ll be teaching at Madrona this year – can’t wait, and hope to see you there!
- April 17-19: I’ll be teaching and lecturing (and maybe book-signing!) at Vogue Knitting Live Pasadena
- April 24-25: I’ll be speaking at teaching at Yarnover
- May 1-4: It’s our west coast make, wear, love retreat!
- May 16: I’ll be teaching for one day at the Kent Needle Arts Retreat
- May 30-June 1: We’ll be exhibiting at the TNNA Summer show
- June 3-7: I’m excited to be teaching at Squam again this year
Want to know more about my classes and what they entail? Click here!