I can’t wait to meet you!
I love teaching, and I love speaking. My popular classes have held up to 45 students, and my lectures well into the hundreds. I make personal connections with my students, and our class time together is dynamic, informative, and (very importantly!) fun. I hope you’ll join me some time!
I teach both live online classes, and have a course with Craftsy.
- The “make, wear, love online sweater class” is a special online offering focused on helping you make a truly phenomenal sweater for yourself. Through six one-hour live class sessions plus individual one-on-one instruction, I guide you through your sweater knitting process from measurements to swatching to finishing and beyond. More than a simple webinar, this class lets you take a live, interactive class with me, online. The cost for the MWL online sweater class is $125.
- The spring session class meets on Monday nights (though not every Monday night!) at 8:00 pm EST. The class session dates are 01/19, 02/02, 02/23, 03/09, 03/23, and 04/06. Click here for more information. The class is closed now, but there will be another in the summer. We’ll announce it on the blog when registration opens.
- I also run individual live seminars on topics from Finishing to basic and advanced CustomFit use:
- The Finishing Seminar curriculum is tailored to each group’s needs, but always includes picking up stitches, button bands and button holes, and mattress stitching of all kinds.
- The Advanced CustomFit Seminar curriculum is tailored to each group’s needs, but always includes custom sweater options, “popping the hood”, stitch patterning, and “mashing up” CustomFit with pre-existing designs.
- My popular “Knit to Flatter” course on Craftsy. (You can sign up here for a 50% discount!) Craftsy classes are not live, but they offer a great way to take the Knit to Flatter course on your own schedule, at your own pace. They also allow you to watch the class over and over again. Learn a little more about the class from this short video.
Of all the things I love about my job (and there are many many things I love about my job), our annual retreats have to be right up at the top of the list.
- Our inaugural make. wear. love. retreat: west coast edition retreat was a hugely fun time. For more details on what happened, click here. If you’d like to see the retreat from the knitters’ points of view, check out their inspiring shots on Instagram.
- Our third annual make. wear. love. retreat in the fall in coastal Maine is coming right up! Get more information here.
- Both west-coast and east-coast retreats will continue in 2016. Stay tuned for more details later this year!
Here’s where I’ll be in 2015:
- January 10 – 12: We’ll be exhibiting at TNNA Phoenix
- January 16-18: I’ll be teaching, lecturing, and panel-ing at Vogue Knitting live NYC
- February 12 – 15: I’ll be teaching at Madrona this year – can’t wait, and hope to see you there!
- April 17-19: I’ll be teaching and lecturing (and maybe book-signing!) at Vogue Knitting Live Pasadena
- April 24-25: I’ll be speaking at teaching at Yarnover
- May 1-4: It’s our west coast make, wear, love retreat!
- May 16: I’ll be teaching for one day at the Kent Needle Arts Retreat
- May 30-June 1: We’ll be exhibiting at the TNNA Summer show
- June 3-7: I’m excited to be teaching at Squam again this year
Want to know more about my classes and what they entail? Click here!