Knitters make magic at the make. wear. love. retreats.
These intimate weekends in gorgeous locales steep you in crafty inspiration: There’s lots of laughter. There’s great food, and great yarn, and amazing instructors who help you think about making in a new way. There are no strangers – just new friends. By the end of the weekend, you’re energized. Inspired. Ready to tackle anything.
My make. wear. love. retreats definitely take on the character of their locations. So the fall retreats on the coast of Maine are casual, friendly, and utterly delicious. We spend the weekend smiling – and how could we not, when our views look like this?
This is my 4th fall make. wear. love. retreat, and we’re returning to the beautiful Sebasco Harbor Resort. Sebasco is one of the few remaining family-owned resorts in Maine, and provides stunning vistas, tons of great places to curl up with a few friends and knit, and lots of lodging options, all in a friendly, unpretentious atmosphere. We’ve had such a wonderful time there for the last three years, and they’re so excited to have us back again. (They’ve fallen in love with The Knitters, who can blame them!?) I just can’t wait to return.
The fall 2016 retreat will be held from 22-25 September 2016. I’ll be joined by the ever-amazing Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, Bristol Ivy, and Patty Lyons (and a possible special guest!), to form your sweater guides for the weekend. We’ll knit, we’ll learn, we’ll munch, and we’ll ooh and ahh over Sebasco’s stunning setting.
Here are the key details in brief: The format I used in this spring’s make. wear. love. west retreat worked so well that I’m going to repeat the general format this fall – incorporating a more even mix of smaller classes and larger group events.
Like in the spring, there will be two options for attendance:
- Everyone comes together for meals and all non-class events, both formal and informal – and there are lots! They include:
- Talks, meet & greets, and informal q&a sessions and demonstrations
- Knitting & down-time with Amy
- Fashion show / dessert gala including special retreat designs
- Extensive marketplace party: The marketplace will be two sessions long, and include short demos and q&a sessions with your esteemed instructors
- Lobster-bake sendoff with a closing talk and prizes
- Come as a student, and get 4 classes over the course of the weekend
- Come as a wayfarer, and enjoy your gorgeous surroundings during class time – or gather with other wayfarers for special activities during class.
The cost of the retreat is $945 for students, and $645 for wayfarers. Attendees are responsible for arranging their own lodging with Sebasco due to the breadth of options. Please download a room information sheet here to get a sense of your choices!
Registration will open Thursday, April 28, at 12:00pm Eastern Time. I’ll confirm your attendance via email within a week or so of registration opening; a non-refundable $250 deposit is due at this time. (Your remaining balance will be due by June 30.)
I look forward to the make. wear. love. retreats all year long. I can’t wait for you to join us.