See you next year!
The 2016 make. wear. love. west coast retreat was a great success, and I’m so grateful to everyone who attended. Our teachers were wonderful, the knitting was divine, and the group was one of the friendliest and most inclusive ever. If you’re curious what the retreats are like, I’ve left some descriptions up below – and I’ll be sure to share the dates for 2017 when I have them!
Something magic happens when knitters get together at a make. wear. love. retreat.
These intimate weekends in gorgeous places steep you in the best craft has to offer: There’s lots of laughter. There’s great food, and great yarn, and amazing instructors who help you think about your craft in a new way. There are no strangers – just new friends. By the end of the weekend, you’re energized. Inspired. And ready to tackle anything.
The retreats take on some of the character of their locations, and the result is that our west coast retreats, located at the beautiful Asilomar Conference Center in Pacific Grove CA, are relaxed and festive. We hope you can join us in this gorgeous 107-acre refuge by the sea for an amazing weekend of knitting, festivities, and instruction.
- Everyone comes together for meals and all non-class retreat events, both formal and informal. They include:
- Lectures, meet & greets, and question & answer / demonstrations
- Knitting with Amy
- Fashion show / dessert gala including special retreat designs
- Extensive marketplace party
- Closing ceremonies with weekend-long secret ballot prizes
- Come as a student, and get 4 classes over the course of the weekend
- Come as a wayfarer, and enjoy your gorgeous surroundings during class time
The cost of the retreat is $945 for students, and $645 for wayfarers. Attendees are responsible for arranging their own lodging with Asilomar due to the breadth of options. Please download a room information sheet here to get a sense of your choices!
I look forward to the make. wear. love. retreats all year long. I can’t wait for you to join us.