I am humbled, and honored, and totally floored by the book’s wonderful reception so far. Truly. That you like the book, and take the time to tell me so, means so very very much to me. Thank you.
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
There’s been some press on the book and my Craftsy class this week, and I thought you might like to know about it. So here, have some links!
- First, the wonderful folks over at Knitty featured the book at the top of their “Cool Stuff” list for the current issue. Swoon! But what’s even better, Jillian liked the book so much she set up a pretty fantastic I-Love-This-Book-I-Know-You-Will-Too Giveaway over at the Knitty blog. Leave a comment there, and you are entered in a chance to win the book and yarn (in the winner’s choice of color) to knit the Dorica Hoodie from the book. (Which is, I should add, one of my very favorite samples.)
- I’ve done a podcast with the phenomenal hosts of Stash and Burn. I was so flattered that they thought of me, and I had such a great time talking to Nicole. I really hope you’ll give the episode a listen and enjoy it, too! There’s a copy of the book up for grabs; to enter, leave a comment in the Ravelry group thread about your best sweater success or worst sweater failure. And thanks, Nicole, for a truly great time.
- The lovely Rebecca has shared a great review of Knit to Flatter, both the book and the Craftsy class, and check it out! She’s even starting her own 365 project. Double-swoon!
- The Snappy Stitches podcast also reviewed the Craftsy class–her podcast was new to me, so I not only appreciated her kind words, but also I have a new show to listen to now. Nice!
- Finally, I’ll be appearing on a Planet Purl live event this coming Monday, April 8, at 8pm Eastern. Should be tons of fun–hope you can join me there!
…and I’m sure that I’m forgetting something, but that’s how it goes.
What am I doing these days, you ask? Oh, just preparing for the book release event on Saturday. Like you do.
Can’t wait, and hope to see some of you there!
But since it hardly seems fair that the Boston crowd gets all the fun, pop back here tomorrow for the start of a very fun blog series, and Saturday for some online sweater giveaways to match the ones we’re doing at Porter Square Books. Later this month, a blog tour for the book that makes me feel overwhelmed and excited and nervous, all at the same time.
It’s a whirlwind, this week! But I like it.